Friday, June 20, 2008

The Goodbyes and the Hellos

My Husband left to go back home today and Ian seems to be taking it okay. I was proud of him, waving bye bye to his Dad. Ian and I have about 1 month and ½ left of a stay here then we go back (not looking forward to the trip alone with Ian). It is nice to be able to spend this much time with my family and friends because you do really start to miss them when you live that far away.

I do have some GREAT news! While walking around in DC, I saw a sign posted on a bus stop advertising “George Michael in Concert”. I did my little freak out and was exclaiming how I had to go. I have probably been waiting to see this man in concert since I was about 6 years old. The other day I popped online and practically begged by Dad to make the trip to DC with me to see him. He doesn’t seem to be excited at all and was trying to get me to ask my mom or sister to go but I told him it would be a great Daddy and Daughter bonding time. So, I purchased the two tickets for $75 a piece (ouch) in the uppermost level in hopes that someone will say Yes to go with me. Why they had to make the ticket prices topping over $1,000, who knows? But I am going! I never thought the day would come. Let me do a happy dance.


picture from: noinvite.com


Not much else going on, but I did start going back to the YMCA to workout on the machines with my sister and friend. Fingers crossed that I can keep it up, you think? I certainly need to get fit and lose my thunder thighs. I wonder if just hopping on the elliptical will work.
Time to see if I can get a little nap in!

1 comment:

Autumn's Mom said...

Good thing you got those tickets! I heard that this is his last tour. I hope you have a great time :)