Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Up to the Richmond Area

Maymont Garden



This past weekend I went up to visit my Sister, Aunt, Uncle, and Cousins. It was so nice to see everyone again. Saturday we went to visit the Maymont, which by far is one of the most beautiful places I have visited in Virginia and it isn’t even springtime yet. It is hard to imagine what it would look like then! I am going to let my pictures do most of the talking this time..

Very cool animal farm..


A Hog @ Maymont



Horses @ Maymont



Isn’t my sister just beautiful..


Lauren @ Maymont


Yup, Ian did sleep through most of it. He was exhausted!


Lauren pushing Ian



My cousin TJ, everyone walking by loved his hair!


TJ



My Uncle, Aunt, and children..


@ the Maymont



They love ice cream..


Eating icecream at the Maymont



The trip really was a lot of fun but I think Ian was sad to be leaving his Aunt Lauren..


Ian and Aunt Lauren




But he did get to come back to a fun wagon ride with Grandma and Grandpa..


Ian in the wagon


Ian in the wagon


While I took photos of the sign I wacked in half when slipping on ice while driving home Wednesday.


The Roadsign I broke



There is nothing worse than that feeling of losing control and doing a 360 on the side of the road. My lesson learned.. never hit the gas on ice. But if Ian could sleep through it, couldn’t be too bad..right righhht?


When driving on ice goes wrong

As always, more pictures on flickr.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Thanks for your comments about my sunrise pic. Glad you found my blog. Your photos are beautiful. We're in Meilen, moved here 2+ years ago from Texas via Ohio. When you're back in the area, let's have a coffee. My best - Margaret Feldmeth (mfeldmeth@gmail.com; feldmeths.blogspot.com)