Friday, May 1, 2009

Good Golly 32 is Kicking My Butt!

I am a little on the “I’m a big cry baby” side today. As of last Monday (March 27) I hit 32 weeks and it was nice to know I arrived at the doctors’ first big goal for me. I had a pretty unemotional week and was looking forward to this weekend. They had to get my off the IV first to allow me some weekend time at home so Wednesday evening they changed my dosage, which brought on a few more contractions but didn’t change my cervix at all. Then at around 4pm Thursday they changed it again and then monitored me and I was having contractions about every 8 minutes. So the doctors thought my body needed to get used to it first so they waited 4 hours but it wasn’t getting any better. I was sent downstairs for another cervix check and it had gone from a 1.8 to a 1.5, not too bad. They wanted to monitor me for contractions again so I was on the monitor for 2 hours. For about the first hour I was having contractions every 6 minutes but actually wasn’t even feeling them; amazing! Sadly they decided this is just too much and changed my dosage back to its original. I am now stuck on the IV for awhile and not going to visit home this weekend.

Hearing this news didn’t get me down too much because I knew something was going to go wrong, but this morning I asked if I could go out in the wheelchair to the garden today and was told no, can we say WATERWORKS show! I just need to get outside and enjoy my family for a little..so she said if I can’t mentally handle staying in here I can go out for 10 minutes or so. You better believe I am hitting that one up! It really doesn’t help, though, that the nurse just told me most people on this floor are going home today. Oh the agony… (okay maybe not that bad). Just please no more pokes in my arm to get blood and no more catheters! Speaking of blood taking, the results came back abnormal so they took a swab of my down south; it takes 3 to 4 days to receive results. I hope I don’t have an infection.


Me in hospital with 32 Weeks Cake

Me looking horrible but happily enjoying my "32 weeks cake" from my dear Hubby


The good thing about it all is the babies are still cooking and that is what matters the most. I actually got them to move around to some George Michael songs yesterday, not that I enjoyed them tap dancing on my door or doing some jumps on my ribs, but it was good to see them interacting with the outside world.


Happy May 1st!
Had to insert this funny story: I woke up this morning and thought someone was in my room so I roll over to see who. They were not quite in my room but a big crow was on my window sill stealing from me. My Husband put some juice boxes out there to cool my drinks and Mr. Crow had his gargantuan beak in it sipping his morning juice. He could have cared less that I was only 10 inches aways from him.

2 comments:

GypsiAdventure said...

Congrats for making it to 32...thats awesome. Sorry you don't get to go home this weekend, but hopefully soon. Just hang in there a bit longer!!
~K

Baba said...

Hi Lisa, I know it must be hard to be away from home and your family..but you are at 32 weeks and counting for more time...just enjoy lounging around, eating and sleeping, for the babies will keep you busy and awake when they arrive!!

Have a good week.. hugs, Baba